Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cake Topper DIY - Vintage Inspired

I love to try out what I see in magazines, Pinterest, facebook and the like. After seeing a vintage inspired cake topper I thought I would give it a go for a family birthday. I think it worked really well, and would be fantastic for a vintage styled wedding.

So here's the simple instruction.

What you will need:

  • Printed out of your letters
  • String, twine or ribbon
  • Wooden skewers
  • Glue


Firstly print out your letters in the diamond shape as below. It's a good idea to measure out how big you words will be compared to your cake so you have the right proportions.




Cut out each of your diamonds and fold them in half. 


Lay them on the ribbon and cut then tied the ribbon to the skewers so they are evenly spaced.  Then glue the paper together with the ribbon at the top fold.


Finally it's just placing them in your cake.  





No comments:

Post a Comment